Welcome in to one of the most exquisite venues in Columbus. The club house is six stories tall, and boasts incredible Spanish Renaissance architecture with a splash of Italian influence. Some of the best features are the grand ballroom and the secret bowling alley in the basement. The venue style can be described as grand, elegant, and classic. The venue staff are very knowledgeable and will create you a custom one of a kind wedding experience.
Address: 136 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43215
History of the Athletic Club
The Athletic Club was created to add to social and athletic activities. Built in 1912 the club has fulfilled its mission and is even known for its ties politics. Some of its most famous members are Warren G. Harding (29th President), John W. Bricker (Ohio Governor), and Dave Thomas (Founder of Wendy’s). The club is now part of the National Register of Historical Places.
Ceremony & Reception Spaces at the Athletic Club
The main spaces for your ceremony and reception is the L-shaped combined rooms of the Lounge, Gold Room, and Crystal Room (see the diagram below of the floor plan). This space is beautiful with all of its elegant design. The room is filled with hardwood floors, intricate chandeliers, and handmade historic wood paneling on walls and ceiling. Also included is a grand fireplace that makes a great focus point of the room. The room will need to be converted between your ceremony and reception but the experienced staff will help you through this transition. This space has room for up to 400 guests.
The other incredible space is the secret bowling alley in the basement. This space is well known for where the after party takes place. The private bowling alley has 5 lanes, enough for you and your guests to enjoy one of the funnest games on earth.
What’s Included at the Athletic Club
The Athletic Club believes in creating a inclusive event. What I mean is that they include many of the things you need for your wedding. The list below explains what is included.
- Food preparation and service
- All beverage selections and service (alcohol must be provided by the Club)
- Complimentary private tasting
- A complete table (white or black floor-length linens, chairs, china,
- glassware, silverware, round mirrored centerpieces, 3 votives per table)
- Placement of favors & place cards
- Set up of gift table & escort card table
- Complimentary use of our baby grand piano
- Comprehensive set-up & clean-up
- Complimentary self-parking; valet parking available upon request
- Complimentary tasting of two salads and two entrees.
Wedding Pricing at the Athletic Club
The Club welcomes anyone to have their ceremony and reception here, because the Athletic Club provides the catering the pricing of the venue is based on cuisine cost. They do require a $1000 deposit to reserve your date. All pricing is subject to 22% gratuity and 7.5% state sales tax.
- Food and Beverage minimum – $15,000
- Non-Member room rental fee – $1500
Friday & Sundays
- Food and Beverage minimum – $10,000
- Non-Member room rental fee – $1000
- Friday – Sunday
- Room rental fee – $1500
Add Ons (Wedding Enhancements)
- Up-lighting – $250
- Charger plates (choice of gold or silver) – $1
- Ivory floor length linen – $10 per table
- Ivory napkin – $1 (Upgraded linens are available at an additional charge)
- Crystal stemware – $1
- Glass hurricane vases with floating candles, available for staircase and mantel – $150 each
- Gold and glass cardbox – $20
- Gold sequin runners – $10
Cuisine and Beverages Pricing
The cuisine and beverage options are vast, including gluten free and vegetarian options. There will be no issue with finding the perfect options for your wedding, remember that you get complimentary tasting before your wedding.
Cusine (average pricing)
- Individual Hors d’oeuvers: $3 – $4 / each
- Stationed Hors d’oeuvers: $8 – $9 / person
- Carved Stations: $17 – $26 / person
- Starters: $8 / person
- Entrees (includes 2 sides): $37 to $54 / person
- Late Night Snack: $3 – $5 / person
- Desserts: $3 – $4 / person
Beverages (Hosted Bar – pay per drink)
- Well Brands – $7 / drink
- Call Brands – $8 / drink
- Premium Brands – $9 / drink
- Super Premium Brands – $10 / drink
- Choice of 2 domestic, 2 import, and 2 craft beer options from our rotating beer list
- House Wines charged per bottle consumed at $32 each (Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Sparkling)
Beverages (Bar Packages – per hour) (Most Popular Option)
- Well Brands
- 4 Hours $35 per guest
- 5 Hours $45 per guest
- 6 Hours $50 per guest
- Call Brands
- 4 Hours $40 per guest
- 5 Hours $50 per guest
- 6 Hours $55 per guest
- Premium Brands
- 4 Hours $45 per guest
- 5 Hours $55 per guest
- 6 Hours $60 per guest
- Super Premium Brands
- 4 Hours $50 per guest
- 5 Hours $60 per guest
- 6 Hours $65 per guest
- Wine, Beer, and Soda Only
- 4 Hours $30 per guest
- 5 Hours $40 per guest
- 6 Hours $45 per guest
- All Bar Packages Include
- House Red and White Wine, Sparkling Wine
- Domestic, Import and Craft Beer & Soda
- House Red and White wines are passed upon arrival.
The Athletic Club is one of the most prestigious and elegant venues in Columbus Ohio. This venue made the top of my list for a reason, because I love photographing here, you can see the beauty in the photographs. Speaking of photography, are you looking for a photographer? Look no further, click here to chat with me.
To see more amazing venues, click here to read more from our best of wedding venues in Columbus page.