The Ivory Room is a wonderful venue to have your luxury Columbus Ohio Wedding. The most stunning and well known element of this venue is the fact that it is on the sixth floor and has panoramic (yes I said panoramic) views of the downtown Columbus skyline. This view overlooks the Scioto River and the iconic arch bridge of W. Main Street. The Ivory Room can host up to 300 guests for your reception! The room itself is a U-Shaped, 7500 sq ft room, again with great views. The venue is ran by the Cameron Mitchell Premier Events company, which provides you with excellent, world class service and experience.
History of The Ivory Room
As mentioned previously this venue is exclusively managed and catered by the Cameron Mitchell Premier Events company, and will create an unforgettable incredible experience. The company’s origin story is that it began with the desire to create a level of service that has not been seen in Columbus. This grandiose and aspiring start has been shown beyond doubt with all of their events they have managed, so much so that they now manage two other venues in Columbus Ohio (The Exchange & The Terrace). Cameron Mitchell Premier Events company is known for its award winning cuisine and hospitality services. For the Ivory Room itself, it opened in 2012 and has been a hit in Columbus ever since.
The Ceremony and Reception Space
The space is an U-shaped contiguous room that can accommodate both ceremony and reception for your wedding. Once entering the building, you will take the elevator to the sixth floor. Here upon entering the room, the most notable feature will be the large, floor to ceiling, panoramic views of downtown Columbus Ohio. The room has a resemblance to a museum or a high end art gallery with solid hardwood floors, dark ceilings, white walls, and soft elegant chandeliers. The space has been described as modern, chic, and a high end industrial event space. For couples hosting their receptions here, you can host up to 300 guests. If you are having both ceremony and reception events here, expect a guest capacity of 200. The room itself is 7500 sq feet which gives just enough room for a wonderful reception but intimate enough to host an epic party!
Nearby outside you are in the heart of downtown Columbus, so there are plenty of places for you to get a unique backdrop for your wedding photographs. The best locations are the grass terrace that flows adjacent to the Scioto River, the arch bridge of W. Main Street, or even the hip downtown vibe of the streets of Columbus.
Included Features and Amenities
For the venue rental itself the room is exclusively held for you at your requested time in which you book the venue. Rental times are 6 hours (evenings) and 7.5 hours (daytime). See the list below on all of the included features and amenities available at The Ivory Room.
- Private Suite – Includes three large vanities with specialized makeup lighting. Includes a private bathroom and a built in audio system, great for enjoying the getting ready experience
- Full Rentals (up to 300 guests) – China, Glassware, Flatware, Tables, Chairs all included. Linen and speciality dinner items are an additional cost.
- Full Event Coordination – You will be partnered with the most trusted event planning team in Ohio, with decades of experience. They will insure that you will have the most extravagant and well planned event. They also have many connections to incredible vendors such as (see below):
- Ice Sculpture and Carvings
- Espresso Cart
- Full Audio and visual coordination
- Floral and Design
- Talent Acquisition
- Room and Venue Branding
- Entertainment (Live music / DJ / Arts / Piano Dueling)
- Take Away Gifts
- Limos, Black Cars, and Shuttles
- Hotel Amenities
- Parking – Valet (additional cost) or self park in the attached garage
- Cuisine – Incredible cuisine provided by their in house chefs that will create a custom and well planned meal that will be unique to your wedding. They even have a dedicated Kosher and Gluten Free Team. See the next section on average pricing for their catering.
- Event Staff – Behind the scenes staff and wait staff will be provided.
Pricing at The Ivory Room
Pricing structure at The Ivory Room is very simple. They require an event space rental cost + food and beverage minimums. The food and beverage minimums are very respectable and most events with 75+ guests will meet those requirements. Note that there is a 25% charge on all food and beverage costs that goes towards your event rentals.
- Venue Rental (Off Season) – Jan to March and November
- M-Th (Evening Only) – $4000
- Friday (Evening Only) – $5000
- Saturday (Daytime) – $5000
- Saturday (Evening) – $12,000
- Saturday All Day – $15,000
- Sunday (Anytime) – $4000
- Venue Rental (In Season) – April to October and December
- M-Th (Evening Only) – $5000
- Friday (Evening Only) – $10,000
- Saturday (Daytime) – $10,000
- Saturday (Evening) – $20,000
- Saturday All Day – $28,000
- Sunday (Anytime) – $6000
- Average Cuisine Pricing Estimates Per Guest
- Breakfast – up to $20
- Brunch – up to $28
- Lunch – up to $32
- Buffet Dinner – up to $42
- Plated Dinner – up to $54
- Plated Salad – up to $9
- Hors d’oeuvres – up to $9
- Stations – up to $44
- Average Bar Pricing Estimates Per Guest (Ivory | Prestige)
- Cocktails – $7 | $9
- Wine Toast 3oz – $5 | $7
- Wine Toast 5oz – $7 | $9
- Beer Domestic – $4
- Beer Import or Craft – $5
- Soft Drinks – $2
- Bottled Water -$2
- Wine – See menu (upon request)
Recap of The Ivory Room
The Ivory Room is an excellent choice for your extravagant wedding in Columbus Ohio. Couples looking for amazing panoramic views of the skyline with room for up to 300 guests, this venue meets those excellent requirements. Beyond just the looks of the venue, behind the curtain there is an exceptional team creating an equally exceptional event just for you. This venue made the top of my list for a reason, because I love photographing here! Speaking of photography, are you looking for a photographer? Look no further, click here to chat with me.
To see more amazing venues, click here to read more from our best of wedding venues in Columbus page.